Monday, November 9, 2009

On my way home...I was contemplating Relationship dynamics.

I missed writing in here last night. I wish I could have written something while I was in the Train. But I guess, it was way too crowded to even carry a laptop, put aside the thought of using one in there. Going back home for a single day in the week is something most people cannot digest. Besides, the cold war with folks has already come to an end. Coming back home is a refreshing break actually. A small town has the tranquility that cannot be felt in a Metropolitan city by any means.
Maybe the Cyborg-isation has already happened. There is an ongoing struggle everyday to maximize profits, generate value and gain competitive advantage in the Corporate world. This has its own cost. The people who, I thought as fitness icons, today exhibit visible signs of stress. Although I m not discouraged, but a little concerned about the bigger picture. Is this professional success worth the toll on one's health. Debatable indeed. Most need money to enjoy life. Greater the Monetary gain, more is the magnitude of worldly pleasures one can indulge in. But if you lose health in the process, all the luxuries and comforts exhibit their uselessness.
Unfortunately, a few of my very close friends and colleagues are facing a very similar situation. The greater sorrow is, they chose this life for themselves. Not that I have n't done my bit. But then, I really do not have a right to dictate what they do with their lives, be it their health or relationships that they have chosen. There is nothing we can do about the relations that we are born with.
The most I can do is pray, and speak my mind, provided they are willing to listen. Even the so called boyfriends/ girlfriends of some of my friends are more interested in having a good time, than having a lasting, happy and a healthy life. Financial status assumes greater significance as a guarantee for a relationship to last longer. Especially for the fairer sex, who seek security in a holistic manner, it matters more than anything else. And yet, relationships break, despite everything going right. Never been in one, so probably havent understood to that extent what would make things last.
This becomes all the more critical, when folks are chasing me to get married. Somehow, I realize, there is more to this ritual than just staying together for the rest of one's life. I guess its more to do with looking together in the same direction than looking at each other for the rest of the lives. A tough call, if one were to go by the book. And yet, there is some unlimited power hidden somewhere, in this little, not so obvious statement. People change their partners faster than one changes dresses in cases I have known. And then I have seen examples that defy laws of nature to see relationships that transcend one life into another. Matches made in heaven for real. I can't name them, since I promised them anonymity. But having seen it with my own eyes, and been through some bit of it my selves, I have no doubts.
The strength lies more in shared belief and values more than anything else. Something, both souls would treasure more than their lives would eventually take them into their next lives with the invisible bond intact. Just like the Parent key operation in the Database Management Systems. As seen in the Gods, the analogy is found in Human beings in not just one but many instances. A common ground for a common purpose is what makes a relationship last more than a lifetime and perhaps many lives, at least 7 as per Hindu, Buddhist and Jain thought.
I hope some of those who read this will get back to me with their perspectives...I have some more thoughts of the "not so normal kinds".

No comments:

Post a Comment