Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My cousin's concerned: Chinese are not happy with me

Fear is a great motivating force for many. It can drive a man to do impossible things. It can be the key to his survival. In fact it can drive him to do some of the greatest things in the history.


As far as I m concerned....not really.


My elder cousin expressed his opinion about my pro-active stance on Tibet. He fears that the Chinese would bombard J-xxx, sec xx Noida with Nodongs (The Paki call it Ghori...its a missile by the way..)as I had been rather vocal about my love for H.H.Dalai Lama and Tibetan freedom (not autonomy..!).

(The guy is about to get married and wouldn't want to die in a missile strike..!!)

Having been an activist for free Tibet ever since class 3 , it was when I made my first painting and won a prize for drawing a mountain and a free bird. Only then did I get to know, that there was more than freedom at stake there. My perception of the Chinese policy of playing checkers by occupying other's lands, claiming it as its own had been verified over and over.

I remember my grandmother, who I called amma, telling me stories about Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati putting up at Kailash Parvat. I heard an officer from the Int circles talking about Chinese trying to create an LP (Listening Post) there @ Mt Kailash. Funny, Lord Shiva's home is being encroached upon and there is nothing He can do about it. I wonder if Bal Thackeray is listening, especially after Raj punctured the Shiv Sena tyres in Maha elections.

When the Chinese tell the world that H.H. Dalai Lama is sabotaging its image around the world, somehow it may carry some weight. However, when he visits Arunachal, and the Chinese are upset, I m not amused.

I m reminded of the fact that the communists are of the faith where a God is practically non-existent. So all the Karmic principles go for a toss. Especially when its People's Republic of China, a Tiananmen square isn't enough of a Bad Karma, so we do a Tibet and then a Xinjiang and so on.

So what has Fear got to do with China in specific..?

Fear has been used as a tool to gain power. Pioneered by Genghis Khan, the legacy passed on to the Soviets and presently the People's Republic of China. Its an instrument to rule and subjugate.

However, for those who know the Truth, fear is an emotion that never was. Be it MK Gandhi or HH Dalai Lama, fear fails to deter a determined soul. When I relay my opinion of the Chinese oppression and incursions into the Indian territory, I have more than a personal reason.

I have a National and International reason to protest. And no missile, be it Nuclear tipped or Conventional, has the kind of firepower that can pierce the armor of a soul in the light of truth.
Even if it means a war of words or a war of worlds, Truth Triumphs Always.

(Everytime...!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment